Monday

Doing the "Lido" Shuffle!

July 3, 1972

(this post is written in 2007 from my memory, but the taxi fare ticket is the original from the trip.)


So there we were wrecked in Montreal. No where to go, no way and no one to call from the side of the road. Then came our first angel, the tow truck driver who took us to a small restaurant somewhere in Montreal. I tried to call home, but no one was there. So I called the A & W where I worked part time to tell them we were ok and to get word to our parents. I then called a taxi to take us to a motel and we left the car parked at the Hochelaga Shell Station across the street.

So we left to go where? The first motel we stopped at was full, so that is how we ended at the Lido motel. Now a word to describe the motel: TACKY, but they were willing to house us "foreigners".

Captive in a tacky flea-bag we pondered the rest of our trip. Would this accident eclipse the eclipse? Or could we soldier on to PEI?

Returning now to my '72 journal for the answer to those questions.

No comments: