Tuesday

Waiting at the Lido Motel

July 4, 1972



We have been here at the Lido Motel since Monday evening. The only food we took from the car is peanut butter and jelly. No luck with the insurance companies so far about letting us use a car to continue our trip or paying our motel bill. The car has $1400.00 damage to it,but it is all sheet metal work. The engine, trans and frame are OK.

Monday I didn't go to the hospital as all we wanted was someplace just to stay and collect our nerves. So when the aches and pains of Monday persisted today (Tuesday), I went to the motel office and asked the clerk where I could see a doctor. She called the St. Leonard, Quebec Police Ambulance service amd in 5 minutes I was in Santa Cabrini Hospital. At the hospital my sore neck and back were diagnosed as muscle spasms caused by the two impacts. The first doctor's diagnosis was whiplash. X-Rays were taken and showed no damage yet. He prescribed me medication for the muscle spasms.

I found myself diagnosed and medicated with no cab fare to get to the motel. I didn't know where it was, so I stopped people for directions as I walked back. It turned out to be over a three mile walk. It was a new experience trying to communicate with Italian people who only spoke French, as I was in the Italian part of Montreal.

(Many thanks to my French speaking Angels.)

I called the first driver's insurance company, he still hasn't reported it! We couldn't contact the second driver yet. We are still eating peanut butter and jelly.



No comments: