Friday

Lido Revisited


It's Friday and we are back at the Lido Motel until Tuesday afternoon.The Pinto isn't ready yet. The rental car is back at Avis, and what a journey that was!

Lorin said "Don't drive like you live here!"

I replied "We do now."

If I ever drove that way in Detroit I'd have my license about two weeks.

Car was not ready until Thursday, so the sun baked and burned us very nicely at the pool.

(Fast forward to 2007: Lorin reminded me about how at the pool two girls in their 20's wanted to take him home! One was a blonde and one was a brunette, and were very good looking. But they wouldn't pay any attention to ME. For some unknown reason Lorin went home with me instead.

Oh, and....The Lido Motel still exists! But WOW it's got CLASS! They have completely remodeled the place. They even have a website!)

The New and Improved LIDO MOTEL!


And now for the rest of the story from 1972.


No comments: